Taylor Twellman has been ESPN’s lead soccer analyst for nearly a decade, and he provides perspective on using data in television and communicating with non-analytics types. Among the topics discussed…
- The objective information he looked for as a player
- His prep process for broadcasting a game
- What makes a stat good and useful for him
- Challenges of working information into a soccer broadcast
- What’s interesting about expected goals
- What he wishes he could quantify and what he’d like to get from player-tracking data
Listen here and wherever you get podcasts!